Pivot…they said. Well okay then!
For those of you still in lockdown mode, bars, restaurants and several other types of businesses are now required to obtain the names and contact details of all patrons that enter their establishment. This information is required to be readily available for 30 days should health authorities come asking. While the premise seems easy enough, the execution actually requires a lot of work on the behalf of businesses and honestly...haven’t we all had enough of a struggle these past few months? In order to ease that burden just a little, we’ve developed a mobile application that allows guests to provide their name, email and phone number using contactless technology.
Here in Munich we saw staff disinfecting pens and buckets full of completed forms 👇 and started having “there’s an app for that” flashbacks circa 2009 (or was it 10 🤷♀️). Then realized, we actually can build an app for that.
We wanted to do our part to make sure venues can open back up safely and events can get back to normal as soon as possible, so we decided it was well worth dedicating our time to developing an app that made the check-in process easier and more secure.
- Joel Kelly, Founder & CEO of Eve.
The app is completely free to business owners and users alike. Sure, making 💸 is nice but some things are more important.
How does it work?
Great question! All it takes is 5 simple steps.
- Businesses can register at business.evepass.app to procure their unique QR code.
- Customized downloadable resources are available on the web portal and can be presented to customers with flexibility to fit the business.
- Customers can simply open their camera app and tap the notification that appears on their screen when viewing the QR code.
- Once they download the app, they can register with their name, email address and phone number just once.
- That’s it! Checking in is now possible with a single click at any location that supports evePASS.
What’s in it for the businesses?
- No additional burden on the waitstaff to clean and sanitize writing utensils; they have enough to do!
- Business owners don’t have to worry about keeping paper records. When customers use the app to sign in, their data automatically uploads to the web portal.
- Should the authorities need access, exporting the guest list from that day only requires the push of a button.
- The business web portal stores and maintains customer documentation in accordance with COVID-19 regulations.
- It eliminates the need to collect contact information from every guest by hand.
What’s in it for the consumers?
- Registration with evePASS is only necessary once to check-in anywhere!
- Data is securely stored and remains completely private.
- Details are deleted after 30 days.
- Contact information will be shared if, and only if, legally requested by the competent health authorities.
- Less chance of exposure via shared pens and paper.
- No risk of accidental sharing of contact details.
- Safe from spam!
- GDPR / DSGVO complaint.
Visit our website to learn more
If you have questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.